KiteCraft

A Mature Minecraft Server

Forums

Forum Home > Appeals > Ban Appeal for Amdod (amdodson10)

Amdod

To whom it may concern:

My account (amdodson10) is banned for the reason, " Die in the hole we were supposed to crawl into (: ".

That statement is in reference to a single comment made by a fellow Bytecraft player (on the Bytecraft server) to Nikoli_Flac.

When the issue/comment was brought to my attention privately, I made it clear (or at least I thought I did) that the comment was not supported by myself, stating that "it was a tasteless comment and uncalled for" and that  "I don't approve".

I did also state that "I don't think it's a big deal...people are gonna say stuff like that." The comment, while directed toward Kitecraft, was uttered on a separate server by someone with no desire to be involved with Kitecraft.

So I am left to wonder if my crime is that I did not swiftly crack down on the offender. If that should be the case, I do not feel that I should be held responsible for the actions and words of the players on my server, regardless of my position.

I hold no ill will toward any Kitecrafters, have welcomed the several of them who have come to visit and/or play, and even worked to reverse the bans of miketoth and SaucyWench that I felt were no longer justified.

In conclusion, I would like to be informed in greater detail as to exactly why I was banned for the given reason, and I would also like to see about having my ban lifted.

Best regards,

Amdod

March 28, 2014 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KiteCraft
Site Owner

Sorry for the slow reply, I haven't been on the computer much the last two days.

The comment in question was backed up by another player(s), saying you sided with the comment.

It is a big deal as far as a comment of that calibur being made at all. All of the things I have heard about ByteCraft have been... Well, less than greeting. Any affiliation Kite had with Byte in the past is not something I wish to carry on, and especially when I hear one of the staff there supporting such a negative comment. I didn't expect you to ban them, but a gesture to undoubtedly show you did not support it would have been nice. But that's neither here nor there.

As for miketoth and SaucyWench, I highly detest the both of them due to the way they have acted in the past, bringing them up in your appeal just made it worse, really.

So as for your ban, it will not be lifted, and I feel you now have an adequate explanation.

March 29, 2014 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amdod

1. "When the issue/comment was brought to my attention privately, I made it clear (or at least I thought I did) that the comment was not supported by myself, stating that "it was a tasteless comment and uncalled for" and that "I don't approve"."

2. "The comment in question was backed up by another player(s), saying you sided with the comment."

Hm...either myself or this other person(s) is not telling the truth, it would seem.

Regardless, I appreciate the explanation and the reply. While I do not agree with the decision, I understand the reasoning and will respect it.

Best of luck to you all as Kite moves forward!

March 30, 2014 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

This topic is closed, no additional posts are allowed.